English - Etymology
English - Pronunciation
- IPA(key): /tʃɔɪs/
- Rhymes: -ɔɪs
English - Noun
- An option; a decision; an opportunity to choose or select something.
- One selection or preference; that which is chosen or decided; the outcome of a decision.
- Anything that can be chosen.
- (usually with the) The best or most preferable part.
- Care and judgement in selecting; discrimination.
- (obsolete) A sufficient number to choose among.
- (anything that can be chosen): assortment, range, selection
- (definite: best or most preferable part): the cream
- See also Wikisaurus:option
English - Adjective
- Especially good or preferred.
- (slang, New Zealand) Cool; excellent.