English - Etymology
English - Pronunciation
- IPA(key): /ˈfæbjʊləs/
English - Adjective
- of or relating to fable, myth or legend.
- characteristic of fables; marvelous, extraordinary, incredible, unbelievable, absurd, extreme, or exaggerated.
- fictional or not believable; made up.
- known for telling fables or falsehoods; unreliable.
- very good; outstanding, wonderful.
- In the sense of wonderful, the word may become associated with gay men. This may be the direct result of its former usage among valley girls.