English - Alternative Forms
English - Pronunciation
- IPA(key): /fænˈtæstɪk/
- Rhymes: -æstɪk
English - Adjective
- Existing in or constructed from fantasy; of or relating to fantasy; fanciful.
- Not believable; implausible; seemingly only possible in fantasy.
- Resembling fantasies in irregularity, caprice, or eccentricity; irregular; grotesque.
- Wonderful; marvelous; excellent; extraordinarily good or great (used especially as an intensifier).
- (based in fantasy rather than reality): fabulous, fantastical
- (extravagantly fanciful and unrealistic): foolish, hare-brained, unrealistic, wild
- (incredibly wonderful): brilliant, fabulous, splendid, super, wonderful
- See also Wikisaurus:excellent