English - Etymology
From Middle English growen, from Old English grōwan (“to grow, increase, flourish, germinate”), from Proto-Germanic *grōaną (“to grow, grow green”), from Proto-Indo-European *gʰreh₁- (“to grow, become green”).
English - Pronunciation
English - Verb
- (ergative) To become bigger.
- (intransitive) To appear or sprout.
- (transitive) To cause or allow something to become bigger, especially to cultivate plants.
- (copulative) To assume a condition or quality over time.
- (intransitive, obsolete) To become attached or fixed; to adhere.