English - Etymology
Iceland + -ic
English - Proper Noun
A North Germanic language, the national tongue of Iceland.
2007: I Am a Strange Loop by Douglas Hofstadter
- Although it's hard for us to imagine, they see the pixels in a raw, uninterpreted fashion, and thus to them a TV screen is as drained of long-ago-and-far-away meaning as is, to you or me, a pile of fall leaves, a Jackson Pollock painting, or a newspaper article in Malagasy (my apologies to you if you speak Malagasy; in that case, please replace it by Icelandic — and don't tell me that you speak that language, too!).
- 2007: I Am a Strange Loop by Douglas Hofstadter
English - Adjective
- Of or relating to the North Germanic language spoken in Iceland.
- Of or relating to the natives or inhabitants of Iceland.
- Of, relating to, or originating from Iceland.