English - Etymology
English - Pronunciation
English - Noun
- Mode of action; way of performing or effecting anything; method; style; form; fashion.
Characteristic mode of acting, conducting, carrying one's self; bearing; habitual style.
- 1661, John Fell, The Life of the most learned, reverend and pious Dr. H. Hammond
- Customary method of acting; habit.
- Carriage; behavior; deportment; also, becoming behavior; well-bred carriage and address.
- The style of writing or thought of an author; characteristic peculiarity of an artist.
- Certain degree or measure.
- Sort; kind; style.
- Standards of conduct cultured and product of mind.
Finnish - Alternative Forms
Finnish - Pronunciation
- IPA(key): /ˈmɑnːe̞r/
- Hyphenation: man‧ner
Finnish - Noun
- continent (in geological sense)
- The main island of Åland archipelago (Ahvenanmaan manner).
- As a modifier in compound terms, of or pertaining to the continent.