English - Pronunciation
English - Noun
- A relationship or relation (to something).
- A measurement one can compare to.
- Information about a person, provided by someone (a referee) with whom they are well acquainted
- A reference work.
- (semantics) A relation between objects in which one object designates, or acts as a means by which to connect to or link to, another object.
- (academic writing) A short written identification of a previously published work which is used as a source for a text.
- (academic writing) A previously published written work thus indicated; a source.
- (programming) An object containing information which refers to data stored elsewhere, as opposed to containing the data itself.
- (programming, character entity) A special sequence used to represent complex characters in a web page such as ™ or €.
- (obsolete) appeal