English - Etymology
English - Pronunciation
English - Noun
- (uncountable) The condition of not being threatened, especially physically, psychologically, emotionally, or financially.
- (countable) Something that secures.
- An organization or department responsible for providing security by enforcing laws, rules, and regulations as well as maintaining order.
- (law) Something that secures the fulfillment of an obligation or law.
- (law) Freedom from apprehension.
- (finance) Proof of ownership of stocks, bonds or other investment instruments.W
- (finance) Property etc. temporarily relinquished to guarantee repayment of a loan.
- A guarantee.
- (obsolete) Carelessness; negligence.
- (condition of not being threatened): safety
- (something that secures): protection
- (something that secures the fulfillment of an obligation): guarantee, surety
- See also Wikisaurus:security