English - Adjective
- Of the essence or essential element of a thing; as, "substantive information".
- Having substance; enduring; solid; firm; substantial.
- (law) Applying to essential legal principles and rules of right; as, "substantive law".
- (chemistry) Of a dye that does not need the use of a mordant to be made fast to that which is being dyed.
- Depending on itself; independent.
- (grammar) used like a noun substantive
- (of the essential element): essential, in essence
- (having substance): meaty, substantial
- (gramar): substantival
- (having substance): superficial
- (legal): adjective, procedural
- (of a dye that does not need the use of a mordant): adjective
English - Noun
- noun (sensu lato)
- substantival (substantivally)
French - Adjective
Latin - Adjective
Romanian - Pronunciation
- IPA(key): [sub.stanˈti.ve]