English - Etymology
English - Adjective
- Passing or disappearing with time; transitory.
- Remaining for only a brief time.
- (physics) Decaying with time, especially exponentially.
- (mathematics, stochastic processes, of a state) having a positive probability of being left and never being visited again.
- Occasional; isolated; one-off; individual.
- Passing through; passing from one person to another.
- (philosophy) Operating beyond itself; having an external effect.
English - Noun
- Something which is transient.
- (physics) A transient phenomenon, especially an electric current; a very brief surge.
- (acoustics) A relatively loud, non-repeating signal in an audio waveform which occurs very quickly, such as the attack of a snare drum.
- A person who passes through a place for a short time; a traveller; a migrant worker
- An unhoused person