English - Etymology
English - Pronunciation
English - Noun
- The merging of similar or different elements into a union.
- (physics) A nuclear reaction in which nuclei combine to form more massive nuclei with the concomitant release of energy.
- (music) a style of music that blends disparate genres; especially types of jazz.
- A style of cooking that combines ingredients and techniques from different countries or cultures
- The act of melting or liquefying something by heating it.
- (genetics) The result of the hybridation of two genes which originally coded for separate proteins.
- (cytology) The process by which two distinct lipid bilayers merge their hydrophobic core, resulting in one interconnected structure.