English - Etymology
English - Adjective
- Of, or relating to the people, language and culture of Scandinavia.
- Of, or relating to the North Germanic group of languages.
English - Proper Noun
- A collective term for Scandinavian (historically Norwegian) people.
- Speakers of any of the North Germanic languages.
- The ancient language spoken by Vikings, from which modern Scandinavian languages are derived. Icelandic is the most closely related modern version, having changed little due to Iceland's linguistic isolation.