English - Etymology
English - Adjective
- Evincing strength; indicating vigorous health; strong; sinewy; muscular; vigorous; sound; as, a robust body; robust youth; robust health.
- Violent; rough; rude.
- Requiring strength or vigor; as, robust employment.
- Sensible (of intellect etc.); straightforward, not given to or confused by uncertainty or subtlety;
- (systems engineering) Designed or evolved in such a way as to be resistant to total failure despite partial damage.
- (software engineering) Resistant or impervious to failure regardless of user input or unexpected conditions.
- (statistics) Not greatly influenced by errors in assumptions about the distribution of sample errors.