English - Alternative Forms
English - Pronunciation
- IPA(key): /kəˈnɛkʃən/
- Rhymes: -ɛkʃən
English - Etymology
From Old French connexion, from Latin connexio (“a conclusion, binding together”), from connectō, an alternative spelling of cōnectō (“I bind together”), from compound of co- (“together”) and nectō (“I bind”)
English - Noun
- (uncountable) The act of connecting.
- The point at which two or more things are connected.
- A feeling of understanding and ease of communication between two or more people.
- An established communications or transportation link.
- (transport) A transfer from one transportation vehicle to another in scheduled transportation service
- A kinship relationship between people.