English - Pronunciation
English - Noun
- A person or device that cuts (in various senses).
- (nautical) A single-masted, fore-and-aft rigged, sailing vessel with at least two headsails, and a mast set further aft than that of a sloop.
- A foretooth; an incisor.
- A heavy-duty motor boat for official use.
- (nautical) A ship's boat, used for transport ship-to-ship or ship-to-shore.
- (cricket) A ball that moves sideways in the air, or off the pitch, because it has been cut.
- (baseball) A cut fastball.
- (slang) A ten-pence piece. So named because it is the coin most often sharpened by prison inmates to use as a weapon.
- (slang) A person who practices self-injury.
- (obsolete) An officer in the exchequer who notes by cutting on the tallies the sums paid.
- (obsolete) A ruffian; a bravo; a destroyer.
- (obsolete) A kind of soft yellow brick, easily cut, and used for facework.
- A light sleigh drawn by one horse.