English - Etymology
English - Pronunciation
- IPA(key): /ɹɪˈspɑnsəbəl/
English - Adjective
- Answerable for an act performed or for its consequences; accountable; amenable, especially legally or politically.
- Capable of responding to any reasonable claim; able to answer reasonably for one's conduct and obligations; capable of rational conduct.
- Involving responsibility; involving a degree of personal accountability on the part of the person concerned.
- Being a primary cause or agent of some event or action; capable of being credited for something, or of being held liable for something.
- Able to be trusted; reliable; trustworthy.