English - Alternative Forms
English - Etymology
fly + -er
English - Noun
- A machine that flies.
- Someone who pilots or rides in an airplane.
- A leaflet, often for advertising.
- The part of a spinning machine that twists the thread as it takes it to, and winds it on the bobbin
- (architecture) An arch that connects a flying buttress into the structure it supports.
- (cheerleading) A cheerleader who is airborne for a stunt.
- (firearms) a stray shot away from the group on a target.
- A standard rectangular step of a staircase (as opposed to a winder).
- A female kangaroo; a roo; a doe; a jill.
- A leap or jump.
- A risky investment or other venture.