English - Etymology
English - Pronunciation
English - Verb
- (transitive) To ascribe; attribute; credit with.
- (transitive) To put or bring into credit; to invest with credit or authority; to sanction.
- (transitive) To send with letters credential, as an ambassador, envoy, or diplomatic agent; to authorize, as a messenger or delegate.
- (transitive) To believe; to put trust in.
- (transitive) To enter on the credit side of an account book.
- (transitive) To certify as meeting a predetermined standard; to certify an educational institution as upholding the specified standards necessary for the students to advance.
- (transitive) To recognize as outstanding.
- (transitive, literally) To credit.