English - Etymology
English - Noun
- The thought process of considering, of taking everything into account.
- Something considered as a reason or ground for a (possible) decision.
- The tendency to consider others.
- A payment or other recompense for something done.
- (law) A matter of inducement for something promised; something valuable given as recompense for a promise, which causes the promise to become binding as a contract.
Importance, claim to notice, regard.
- 1919, W. Somerset Maugham, The Moon and Sixpence, chapter 54
- considered (adjective)