English - Etymology
English - Pronunciation
English - Verb
- (transitive) To show, or be the distinction between two things.
- (intransitive) To perceive the difference between things; to discriminate.
- (transitive, intransitive) To modify, or be modified.
- (transitive, mathematics) To calculate the derivative of a function.
- (transitive, mathematics) To calculate the differential of a function of multiple variables.
- (intransitive, biology) To produce distinct organs or to achieve specific functions by a process of development called differentiation.