English - Etymology
English - Pronunciation
English - Noun
- (obsolete) A summary; a brief digest.
- (law) A short entry of the proceedings of a court; the register containing them; the office containing the register.
- (law) A schedule of cases awaiting action in a court.
- An agenda of things to be done.
- A ticket or label fixed to something, showing its contents or directions to its use.
English - Verb
- (transitive) To make an entry in a docket.
- (transitive) To label a parcel etc.
- (transitive) To make a brief abstract of (a writing) and endorse it on the back of the paper, or to endorse the title or contents on the back of; to summarize.
- (transitive) To make a brief abstract of and inscribe in a book.
- (transitive) To enter or inscribe in a docket, or list of causes for trial.