English - Etymology
invest + -ment
English - Noun
- The act of investing, or state of being invested.
- (finance) A placement of capital in expectation of deriving income or profit from its use.
- That with which anyone is invested; a vestment.
- (military) The act of surrounding, blocking up, or besieging by an armed force, or the state of being so surrounded.
- A mixture of silica sand and plaster which, by surrounding a wax pattern, creates a negative mold of the form used for casting, among other metals, bronze.