English - Pronunciation
English - Noun
- (countable) A publication, usually published daily or weekly and usually printed on cheap, low-quality paper, containing news and other articles.
- (uncountable, countable) A quantity of or one of the types of paper on which newspapers are printed.
- (publication): daily (for a daily newspaper), paper, rag (derogatory)
- (paper on which newspapers are printed): newsprint
English - Verb
- (transitive) To cover with newspaper.
- (intransitive, transitive) To engage in the business of journalism (usually used only in the gerund, newspapering)
- (transitive, obsolete) to harrass in newspaper articles.