English - Etymology
particular + -ly
English - Adverb
- (focus) Especially, extremely.
- (degree) To a great extent.
Specifically, uniquely or individually.
2013, Phil McNulty, "", BBC Sport, 1 September 2013:
- But as the half progressed, Liverpool's pressure and high-tempo passing game increased United's frustration and it threatened to boil over on the stroke of half-time when Van Persie, who had already been booked, was involved in angry verbal exchanges with several Liverpool players, particularly Gerrard.
- 2013, Phil McNulty, "", BBC Sport, 1 September 2013:
- In detail; with regard to particulars.