English - Pronunciation
English - Etymology
English - Noun
- A person who is authorized to supervise, direct or administer something.
- A police rank used in Commonwealth countries, ranking above chief inspector, and below chief superintendent.
- The manager of a building, usually a communal residence, who is responsible for keeping the facilities functional and often collecting rent or similar payments, either as also the building's landlord or on behalf of same. Often abbreviated "super".
- (chiefly US) A janitor.
- supt. (abbreviation)
- SP (abbreviation)
- chief superintendent
- detective superintendent (DSupt)
- detective chief superintendent (DCS)
English - Adjective
- Overseeing; superintending.