English - Pronunciation
- enPR: thrĭft'ē, IPA(key): /ˈθɹɪfti/
English - Adjective
- Given to, or evincing, thrift; characterized by economy and good management of property; sparing; frugal.
- Thriving by industry and frugality; prosperous in the acquisition of worldly goods; increasing in wealth; as, a thrifty farmer or mechanic.
- Growing rapidly or vigorously; thriving; as, a thrifty plant or colt.
- Secured by thrift; well husbanded.
- Well appearing; looking or being in good condition; becoming.