English - Pronunciation
- enPR: trănsmĭt', trănzmĭt' IPA(key): /tɹænsˈmɪt/, /tɹænzˈmɪt/
- Rhymes: -ɪt
English - Etymology
English - Verb
- (transitive) To send or convey something from one person, place or thing to another.
- (transitive) To spread or pass on something such as a disease or a signal.
- (transitive) To impart, convey or hand down something by inheritance or heredity.
- (transitive) To communicate news or information.
- (transitive) To convey energy or force through a mechanism.
- (intransitive) To send out a signal (as opposed to receive).