English - Pronunciation
English - Noun
- That which is higher, contrasted with the lower.
- (shoemaking) The piece of leather, etc., that forms the top part of a shoe above the sole.
- A stimulant such as amphetamine that increases energy and decreases appetite.
English - Adjective
- At a higher level, rank or position.
- Situated on higher ground, further inland, or more northerly.
- (geology, of strata or geological time periods) younger, more recent
- (education) Of or pertaining to a secondary school.