English - Pronunciation
English - Adjective
- Related to the Arabic language.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Arab countries or cultural behaviour (see also Arab as an adjective).
- The adjective Arabic is commonly used in reference to language, and in traditional phrases such as Arabic numeral or gum arabic. Its use is controversial and often deprecated in reference to people or countries, where the adjective Arab is preferred.
English - Proper Noun
- A major Semitic language originating from the Arabian peninsula, and now spoken natively (in various spoken dialects, all sharing a single highly conservative standardized literary form) throughout large sections of the Middle East and North Africa.
- The Aramaic-derived alphabet used to write the Arabic, Persian, Pashto, Urdu, and Uyghur languages, among others.
- Wiktionary's coverage of Arabic terms
- Appendix:Arabic Swadesh list for a Swadesh list of basic vocabulary words in Arabic
- Arabic edition of Wiktionary
- Arabic language on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Arabic language
- Appendix:Arabic script
- ISO 639-1 code ar, ISO 639-3 code ara
- Ethnologue entry for Arabic macrolanguage, ara It's a family or related languages. The individual ones are: