English - Pronunciation
- enPR: bĭgĭn'ĭng, IPA(key): /bɪˈɡɪn.ɪŋ/
English - Noun
- (uncountable) The act of doing that which begins anything; commencement of an action, state, or space of time; entrance into being or upon a course; the first act, effort, or state of a succession of acts or states.
- That which is begun; a rudiment or element.
- That which begins or originates something; the first cause; origin; source.
- The initial portion of some extended thing.
- (act of doing that which begins anything): commencing, start, starting
- (that which is begun; rudiment or element): element, embryo, rudiment
- (that which begins or originates something): origin, source, start, commencement
- (initial portion of some extended thing): head, start
English - Verb
English - Adjective
- (informal) Of or relating to the first portion of some extended thing.