English - Pronunciation
English - Adjective
- Coming next, either in sequence or in time.
- About to be specified.
- (of a wind) Blowing in the direction of travel.
(Senses 1, 2) When it modifies a noun phrase, it is generally preceded by the definite article the, and the combination functions as a determiner rather than a simple adjective. You can put it before a cardinal like the following two remarks instead of the two following remarks.
English - Preposition
English - Noun
- A group of followers, attendants or admirers; an entourage.
- Something to be mentioned immediately later. Used with the definite article the.
- Vocation; business; profession.