English - Pronunciation
English - Verb
simple past tense and past participle of use
- 1948, Carey McWilliams, North from Mexico / The Spanish-Speaking People of The United States, J. B. Lippincott Company, page 75
- (intransitive, as an auxiliary verb, now only in past tense) to perform habitually; to be accustomed [to doing something]
English - Adjective
- That is or has or have been used.
- That has or have previously been owned by someone else.
Familiar through use; usual; accustomed.
- 1965, Bob Dylan, Like a Rolling Stone