English - Pronunciation
English - Noun
- (uncountable) The action of the verb to meet.
- A gathering of people/parties for a purpose.
- The people at such a gathering, as a collective.
- An encounter between people, even accidental.
- A place or instance of junction or intersection.
- (rural US, dated) A religious service held by a charismatic preacher in small towns in the United States.
- (Quakerism) An administrative unit in the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
- When "meeting" is used to mean a Quaker administrative group, it is often qualified by an indication of how often the group holds regular business meetings, such as "monthly meeting", "quarterly meeting", or "yearly meeting". When the qualifier is omitted, the term is assumed to mean monthly meeting.