English - Pronoun
- An uncertain or unspecified thing; one thing.
- (colloquial, of someone or something) A quality to a moderate degree.
- (colloquial, of a person) A talent or quality that is difficult to specify.
- (colloquial, often with really) Somebody or something who is superlative in some way.
English - Pronunciation
English - Adjective
English - Adverb
- (degree) Somewhat; to a degree.
- (degree, colloquial) To a high degree.
English - Verb
Applied to an action whose name is forgotten by, unknown or unimportant to the user, e.g.
from words of a song.
- 1890, William Dean Howells, A Hazard of New Fortunes 
- 2003, George Angel, “Allegoady,” in Juncture, Lara Stapleton and Veronica Gonzalez edd. 
- 2005, Floyd Skloot, A World of Light 
English - Noun
- An object whose nature is yet to be defined.
An object whose name is forgotten by, unknown or unimportant to the user, e.g.,
from words of a song. Also used to refer to an object earlier indefinitely referred to as
'something' (pronoun sense).
- 1999, Nicholas Clapp, The Road to Ubar 
2004, Theron Q Dumont, The Master Mind 
- Moreover, in all of our experience with these sense impressions, we never lose sight of the fact that they are but incidental facts of our mental existence, and that there is a Something Within which is really the Subject of these sense reports—a Something to which these reports are presented, and which receives them.
- 2004, Ira Levin, The Stepford Wives