English - Etymology
English - Pronunciation
English - Determiner
- Belonging to you; of you; related to you (singular; one owner).
- Belonging to you; of you; related to you (plural; more owners).
A determiner that conveys familiarity and mutual knowledge of the modified noun.
- Not your average Tom, Dick and Harry.
- Your Show of Shows
- Your World with Neil Cavuto
- Not Your Average Travel Guide
- In US English, /jɚ/ is generally the unstressed version of /jɔːɹ/; in many dialects, however, /jɝ/ is frequent even in positions of stress.
- The use of your instead of you're is a common mistake in English.