English - Noun
- An act or instance of making or becoming open.
- Something that is open.
- An act or instance of beginning.
Something that is a beginning.
- The first performance of a show or play by a particular troupe.
- The initial period a show at an art gallery or museum is first opened, especially the first evening.
- The first few measures of a musical composition.
- (chess) The first few moves in a game of chess.
- A vacant position, especially in an array.
- An opportunity, as in a competitive activity.
- (something that is open): hole, gap, crevice
- (available time): availability, slot
- See also Wikisaurus:hole
English - Adjective
- (cricket) describing the first period of play, usually up to the fall of the first wicket; describing a batsman who opens the innings or a bowler who opens the attack
Dutch - Pronunciation
- IPA(key): /ˈoːpənɪŋ/