English - Etymology
English - Noun
- The process of terminating or the state of being terminated.
- The process of firing an employee; ending one's employment at a business for any reason.
- An end in time; a conclusion.
- An end in space; an edge or limit.
- An outcome or result.
- The last part of a word; a suffix.
- (medicine) An induced abortion.
- (obsolete, rare) A word, a term.
- The ending up of a polypeptid chain.
- (process of terminating): discontinuation, stoppage
- (state of being termined): discontinuation
- (process of firing an employee): discharge, dismissal
- (end in time): close, conclusion, end, finale, finish, stop
- (end in space): border, edge, end, limit, lip, rim, tip
- (outcome): consequence, outcome, result, upshot
- (medical): abortion, induced abortion